New Patients are Welcome at Brisbane Elite Smiles
Looking For a New Dentist?
We understand that choosing a new dentist and dental care team can be a challenging task! A new patient to our practice is the greatest compliment to our professional skill and care. Our patients are our highest priority.
We would like to invite you to visit the Brisbane Elite Smiles. We promise never to criticize or judge our patients. We understand that many events may prevent people from attending the dentist regularly. Maybe they have had a bad experience, they have been very busy with work, lack of finances, embarrassment about the situation, and many more reasons. No matter what your reason, we want to let you know, it’s absolutely OK. We don’t judge, we understand and all we want to do is to help.
What happens at your first visit to the Brisbane Elite Smiles?
During your first visit we like to perform a comprehensive exam. At the beginning of your visit we will ask you to complete a medical and dental history form. We want to make sure we have everything we need to thoroughly understand your dental needs.
Please click on the link above to download and print out the medical and dental history form to fill out at you leisure and to bring to your appointment. If you are unable to print this form, please arrive to your appointment fifteen minutes prior to your scheduled time to complete the relevant paperwork.
What happens during a dental exam?
The comprehensive exam will include the following:
1. Taking magnified pictures of your teeth with an intra-oral camera and showing them to you on a TV.
2. Taking digital x-rays of your teeth – some cavities and bone infections can only be seen with x-rays.
3. Oral cancer screening – 8,000 people a year will die from oral cancer. Early detection is important.
4. TMJ exam – we’ll evaluate your jaw joint for any possible problems and see if you are suffering pain or grinding/wearing your teeth down.
5. Cavity Detection/Filling Evaluation – we’ll carefully look at your teeth and old fillings. Cavities found earlier can be treated more conservatively and inexpensively.
6. If you would like, we can also do a cosmetic evaluation and let you know about how new technology can improve your smile.
Of course, if you are in pain, our main concern will be to get you out of pain. We can schedule a comprehensive exam for your next visit.
We would also recommend having your teeth professionally cleaned. Our dentists will check your gum health for signs of gum disease and bone loss.
At the end of your appointment, we will discuss our findings with you and prepare your customized treatment plan. We will discuss your treatment options, any associated risks and treatment costs so you are educated and empowered to make the decision that suits you best. Your comfort and well being is always our priority.